The policy below sets out the personal information we process and why, how we get it, how we store it and your rights around this. It’s all necessarily formal to make sure we cover things properly.
Before the detail, know that we start from a position of being respectful of your information, hold what we need to act effectively and our approach is to treat your information as we’d expect others to look after ours. If you have a concern or question, please contact us using the details shown below.
Our contact details
Name: Brookbanks Consulting Limited
Address: 6150 Knights Court, Solihull Parkway, Birmingham Business Park, Birmingham, B37 7WY
Phone Number: 020 3958 5400
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details) to help us communicate with our team, clients, suppliers and people interested in working with us.
- Financial information (for example, bank account details) to help us pay the people who work for us and provide services
- Transaction details of the payments made from and to you
- Technical and usage data relating to your interactions with us and the services we provide online (for example, login data or internet protocol (IP) address) to help provide our services and improve them
- Marketing and communications preferences so we know what marketing you’re happy to receive from us (for example, recording that you’d like to hear about new jobs at the agency)
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Working for us – we hold personal information on our team and those applying for roles to join the team
- Working with us – we hold details of our clients, suppliers and other parties to help us carry out our work and make sure we deliver this effectively and efficiently
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Through our work with clients – we sometimes need to process personal information to support our client’s activities and provide agreed services (e.g. providing email marketing services).
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored.
We keep personal information based on who this relates to (e.g. team / client / supplier) and then after work ceases based on legal requirements.
We’ll hold personal information for six years after the tax year in which an employee worked with us or a business worked with us as a client or supplier.
We will then dispose of your information by removing you from the systems we use to store your information.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by phone at 020 3958 5400 or on email to firstname.lastname@example.org.